Telehealth and Medicine Today Journal Announces 2021 Best Article Award
Telehealth and Medicine Today (THMT) open access peer reviewed journal is excited to announce the 2021 Editors Best Article Award. The award selection is based on the number of online views, article downloads, citations, and market impact.
2021 Journal Best Article Award
A COVID-19 Telehealth Impact Study — Exploring One Year of Telehealth Experimentation
Francis X. Campion, MD, Group Leader, Health AI, MITRE Corporation, et al
The study identifies characteristics of the explosive implementation and scale of telehealth use in the first year of COVID-19 pandemic — forever changing traditional healthcare practices and patient access in the United States.
Authors and affiliations appear below:
- Francis X. Campion, MITRE Corporation; Atrius Health; and Harvard Medical School
- Stephen Ommen, Mayo Clinic
- Helayne Sweet, MITRE Corporation
- Nilay Shah, Mayo Clinic
- Barbra Rabson, Massachusetts Health Quality Partners
- Nick Dougherty, Allways Heath Partners
- Jennifer Goldsack, Digital Medical Society
- Peter Sylvester, MITRE Corporation
- Karen Jones, MITRE Corporation
- Aaron Burgman, MITRE Corporation
- Nathalie McIntosh, Massachusetts Health Quality Partners
- Lindsey Sangaralingham, Mayo Clinic
- David Jiang, Mayo Clinic
- Jeffrey McGinn, Change Healthcare
- Ricardo Rojas, Mayo Clinic
- Tim Suther, Change Healthcare
- Brian Anderson, MITRE Corporation
- John Halamka, Mayo Clinic (Note, Dr. Halamka is one of three editors-in-chief of the journal)
The esteemed award will be presented at the ConV2X Telehealth 2022 Symposium, October 11, at Florida International University, in Miami, Florida.
Past Winners Include
(2020) Role of Telemedicine in Healthcare During COVID-19 Pandemic in Developing Countries
Muhammad Abdul Kadir, PhD, Department of Biomedical Physics & Technology, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh.
(2019) Telemental and Telebehavioral Health Considerations: A 50-State Analysis on the Development of Telehealth Policy,
Amy Lerman, Epstein Becker Green, et al
Telehealth and Medicine Today (TMT) is a gold open access international peer reviewed journal examining the value of telehealth and clinical automation, its use and scalable developments, business process guidance, market research and the economic impact of digital health innovations, in an evolving health technology field. Published quarterly, articles feature original research, pilot studies, case use, best practices and perspectives from multidisciplinary audiences.
COVID-19 Healthcare Coalition
The COVID-19 Healthcare Coalition is a private-sector-led response to the COVID-19 pandemic that brings together healthcare organizations, technology firms, nonprofits, academia, and startups. It coordinates members’ collective expertise, capabilities, data, and insights to preserve the healthcare delivery system and help protect U.S. populations. Learn more at https://C19HCC.org.
Tory Cenaj, Publisher, Telehealth and Medicine Today